And then she said...

One chick and her quest to exploit the power of the written word.

Friday, April 06, 2007

"I dont want to... if you dont want to..."

"But I want to!"

Those are the last lines of one of the songs off my new Sugarland CD... and they kinda speak to me. I know that sounds silly "ooh the words speak to you" but at the same time, there's something I like about. I think it speaks truly of human nature. You might want something, but only if you don't have to admit you want it.

The song in particular is talking about a relationship, that might happen, or might not. Almost everyone has been in the position of being attracted to someone but not wanting to admit it for fear of rejection. I guess I can just see so many times in my life where I was too afraid to really go for something I wanted.

And there are a couple other lines I like, "I've got your ring around my neck and a couple of nights I dont regret" and "You've got a dream of a degree and a shirt that smells like me" it's nice becuase they manage to give me an image without sounding cliche. Because I'm a huge fan of not regreting things... plus I'm such a smell person. Not to be confused with a smelly person... but I can remember smells and events and people like I was with them yesterday. I can still remember how my moms best friend smelled, and she died when I was 9. I can remember how our best family friends while I was growing up garage smelled (we'd always go in through the garage door).

Anyway... I guess the alternate title for this post could be "The song and idea stuck in my head right now... and how that will get me talking about how things smell"

Ok... enough from me... I'm sleepy... and rambling...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I, too, remember things by scents. When I was a kid I was really good at it, and could tell which local store an item my Mom brought home came from, just by the "new" smell it had on it.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home