And then she said...

One chick and her quest to exploit the power of the written word.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Fingers crossed!!!

Ok... so as of today, I've applied for six yes six new jobs. There is one more that I want to apply for, but it's for the same company that I just sent off a resume to today, and I don't want them to get confused and accidently exclude me. Plus, although it's a job I would LOVE... I'm not quite as qualified as I would like to be.

So lets recap... In order of what I want!
- Assignment Editor at WWNY... just sent my resume and awesome cover letter today
- Photojournalist at WWNY... this is the one I'm afraid to apply to... I'm such a baby!
- Program Secretary at Cornell Coop Ext Co... they run all the community education stuff in town, sent resume a couple days ago... love the work they do, plus AWESOME pay!
- Arts Program Director at the 4-H camp near here... I miss working at a summer camp... sigh... plus it just sounds like a nice fun low stress job.
- Switchboard Operator at Watertown Daily Times... about as far from working in journalism as you can get and still be working for the company... at least if I was the janitor I'd touch the actual papers... lol! But nice hours
- Recptionist at Dentist Office... I'm totally qualified, and have an interview on thrusday... but again... I'd just be answering phones, not really any room for advacement.
- Trading Post director at the GS camp... but I heard back and the position is filled, I was offered a position as a regular counselor, but I cant stay overnight becuase of the puppies... so it's not an option anymore :(

So those are them... Really I'd love the Editor job. I can see it working so well for me and my long term goals... which at least for right now are to study photography and journalism. Plus I'd be really proud to say what I did.

So anyway... fingers crossed, prayers, well wishes... I'll take whatever ya got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home